The way I used to be

I know this book, in some schools, may be considered as an inappropriate book for their audience. I also know it may have some very specific context but it is the pure truth. This event unfortunately, has happened to many kids and that is what inspired me the most to read it. I also loved how the author was very descriptive on every detail.
The main character was named Eden and her life in general wasn’t very complex at all. Before high school started though, her brother’s best friend rapes her and her life collapses. After it took place she tried so many things to erase this event, one of those was becoming a rebellious child. As the story continues you can see how every decision that she makes is influenced by what first traumatized her.
I would really recommend this book to those who want to read something more realistic and unique.


Comments